We have enjoyed collaborating with NHS R&D North West on list of projects since we first designed their informative e-brochure in 2017. Since then, our projects have spanned a range of creative mediums, from social media campaigns, to documentary / celebration films, to magazine designs, to updating their website, and now to our latest venture – the Wonder Women film series.
As a female-founded business, our attention was immediately caught by the message NHS R&D NW wanted their series to send; women can and should follow a research journey if it appeals to them. It was a deeply inspiring experience being part of the interview process with these women, and having the privilege to not only listen to their individual career journeys, but to document them. Their stories just go to show that we can achieve whatever we put our minds to if we’re stubborn enough!
For this project, we provided the following services:
- Planning the production of the series, in partnership with the NHS RD NW team
- Advising on the various approaches that could be taken to achieve their desired aesthetic outcome
- Filming the interviews, providing our in-house selection of film and sound equipment
- Editing the interviews into a series of 10 short films, ranging from 6 to 10 minutes long. This process included sound editing, colour editing, and graphics
- Creating animated graphic titles and questions to be used throughout all 10 films
- Sourcing music to be used across all 10 films
“Hearne Creative has brought a refreshing new perspective and a welcome injection of creativity to the work of NHS Research and Development North West. Over the last 12 months, Jess has used her unique blend of new ideas, interwoven with the expertise of the team, to film a fabulous “Wonder Women” series, create a new brochure, update the website, as well as produce some great promotional photos and videos. Jess is very professional and great to work with and I highly recommend Hearne Creative.” – Professor Gillian Southgate, NHS R&D North West